13 Quotes That Guide My Life
May 1st, 2022 12:00am
Growing up, I never thought of myself as one of the smartest kids in the room. Through hard work and perseverance, later in life, I found that my intelligence and strengths came more from my ability to recognize concepts rather than answer questions on tests. For me, I needed to make concepts understandable, cohesive, and cogent. That is what I believe got me to start writing - quotes, blogs, and books. Just to let you know, I was a very poor English student (in fact I was in a remedial reading class throughout elementary school and had to go to summer school prior to high school to bring me up to level. It was not until my junior year in college that I met a professor who taught me to write from my heart. That together with Microsoft Word, years later, helped me greatly at expressing myself. Below are some of my quotes by which I try to live.
- Usually, when someone is angry, all we hear are their angry words. Instead, try hearing the unspoken, “I am scared, I am frustrated, I am insecure, I am vulnerable, I am threatened."
- Using someone else’s ruler to measure your self-worth will always leave you short.
- I will always find a way and a way will always find me
- Forgiving someone doesn’t give them a free pass. It gives you a free pass to move on.
- Giving without expectation leads to receiving without limitation.
- New Day…new opportunity to be grateful for what we have, not bitter for what we don’t.
- When I remove the layers that say I can't, I discover a voice that says I should, I can, and I will.
- If you can continue to smile through hardship and pain, then your moment will come…just be patient.
- I believe in any religion that puts treating people with respect and dignity above ritual and dogma.
- Ground yourself in faith and act with good intention. Then, the right things will happen, for the right reasons, with the right people, at precisely the right time.
- The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.
- Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.
- One of the greatest mistakes we make is to idolize the artist rather than the art; the messenger rather than the message.
© Dr. Charles F. Glassman, CoachMD